Principal Consultant – Tech Transition (Associate)
Posted by Catherine Collins . Nov 07.22
Negotiable from $150/hr, remote/work from home We’re looking for an outstanding Principal Consultant to lead the exceptional client engagements we continue to win. You’ll work alongside our world-class technology teams on the most challenging and rewarding technology ‘transitions’. You’ll lead a team of relentlessly curious empaths and well-rounded global citizens with high personal standards of behaviour who focus on doing the right things. You’ll be one yourself. We have a deep trust in each other and confidence that we can make a difference, together.
Purpose, challenge, variety, reward, growth
We are a purpose-driven, values-led consulting practice that cares about diversity, pays well and ensures you get the right work-life balance. We’ve been working from home forever and you can too.
‘Associate’ contractor – what it means for you
Like most businesses in our sector, our team is a healthy mix of employees and people ‘who contract to us’. We call our contractors ‘Associates’ and they’re absolutely treated as equals. Most of our Associates have been with us for years and are as committed to us as we are to them.
A picture of you
We’re looking for people who want to help us change the way our clients see and approach their challenges; people who want to own a problem and see it through to the end.
You’ll be a self-starter who doesn’t need someone else to tell you what needs to be done; you can look at what’s happening, see what’s needed and figure out how you can make the most valuable contribution.
Our people value collaboration, knowledge sharing and learning and so do you. Working in ‘cross-functional’ teams is natural for you because you understand why it matters.
We’re especially interested in people who seek deeper levels of understanding; you know that ‘it works’ isn't a satisfactory end state. You want to know why it works; you want to challenge our own understanding and expose us to diversity of opinion, thinking and approach.
You relish the opportunity to be an outstanding HYPR ambassador to our team, our clients and to the wider marketplace.
Your role – the headlines
Principal Consultants are responsible for outcomes across the three pillars of our Delivery Operating Model:
The creation and delivery of exceptional solutions to our clients’ technology challenges is essential to our success. You’ll be involved in scoping their challenges, crafting approaches and PoCs, writing proposals and drafting SoWs. You’ll then deliver or oversee delivery to achieve the best possible client outcomes. You’ll be a natural at managing client relationships at C-suite and senior leadership level to build trust and reputation.
You’ll help form the delivery team and then ensure that they are engaged, supported, communicated with effectively, learning and collaborating. You’ll also ensure that their interactions with the client and client teams remain positive.
You’ll be involved in developing financial plans for engagements and communicating them to clients. You’ll ensure your engagements are performing to the SoW and you’ll identify and manage variations to it.
Across all three pillars, you’ll be responsible for reporting to our Chief Engineering Officer and/or CEO on progress.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of current and emerging digital thinking, methodologies, standards, frameworks and approaches
- Mentor and coach other HYPR consultants to enhance their capability
- Contribute directly to developing the HYPR team through learning groups and information sharing and more formal and informal training, mentoring and support groups
- Champion HYPR initiatives to enhance the performance, capability, culture and strategic direction of the organisation
- Demonstrate thought leadership via public speaking, blogging and social media
- Contribute to gathering market intelligence, leveraging your networks in respect of new market opportunities and following up on inbound leads. You’ll be responsible for keeping these activities up-to-date in our CRM
The experience and skills we’re after
As a Principal Consultant, you will:
- Have experience in transitioning technology through the trade-offs of feasibility, viability, sustainability and desirability
- Understand contemporary organisational structures that support delivery (eg. Value Stream Management)
- Know how to architect for flow of value to customers
- Understand the patterns and practices that support evolutionary architecture
- Have knowledge of distributed systems and their constraints
- Have deep technical experience with cloud infrastructure and/or development
This is a flexible, remote position. You’ll need to travel occasionally to engagements and awesome HYPR get-togethers.
Curious? We'd love to hear from you
- Tour our website, read our playbooks and see how different we are
- Hit the Creds button below
- In the email, tell us why you think you might be a good fit for HYPR (<150 words)
- Attach your CV to the email
- Send... and we promise to reply in good time