Intermediate Software Engineers
Posted by Vicky Price . Apr 19.22
Salary $110-$140k, remote/work from home We’re looking for outstanding Intermediate Software Engineers to work on the exceptional client engagements we continue to win. You’ll work alongside our world-class technology teams on the most challenging and rewarding transformations. We’ll learn lots from each other and we’ll help you grow as fast as you can go. We are a purpose-driven, values-led tech consulting practice that cares about diversity, pays well and ensures you get the right work-life balance. We’ve been working from home forever and you can too.
A picture of you
You might not care for titles, labels or for being in a box. We don't either, but you’ll have the skills to help us build great software for our clients, uplift their teams' capability and improve our own understanding too. Some may call this a Software Engineer, others a Back-end or Full-stack Developer, no matter. We're looking for craft-conscious, cross-functional engineers to help us build platforms for our clients.
You're a passionate geek with experience across the entire SDLC. You’ve too often been confined within a walled-garden IDE and you want to break free. You have an insatiable appetite for doing amazing things with software and, for reasons you can’t explain, you can’t stop yourself learning new languages.
You may have a penchant for the front-end, (eg. Typescript, React), or you may like the heavy-lifting of Ruby, Python or Node. You know that building quality tests for your code is just what you do. You prefer agility to Agile, code craft is what inspires you, and you’re driven to learn what you don’t already know. It’s why you love pair coding. And you know that works both ways.
Above all, you want to help our clients be better at what they do, making an impact through the speed of change.
The skills, practices and tool capabilities we're interested in
- At least two years working as a cross-functional developer
- Experience with at least one statically typed language (eg. Typescript), distributed systems, Kafka, test automation, React
- Ideally, knowledge of CI/CD, GraphQL
- Familiarity with security concerns and building security into development
- Including software architecture concerns in development and design planning (eg. event storming, domain-driven design, spec by example)
- Understanding that effective solutions aren’t purely technology, but have to include and fit the rest of the business
- Curious, self-learning team player
- Experience working with high-performing teams
- Enjoys working on complex challenges
- Comfortable working from your home environment
This is a flexible, remote position. You’ll need to travel occasionally to engagements and awesome HYPR get-togethers.
You have an insatiable appetite for doing amazing things with software and, for reasons you can’t explain, you can’t stop yourself learning new languages.
If you think that's you, here are your next steps...